Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Good week...


This was a good week. My doctor's appointment went well. My cervix length actually increased compared to the week before. I guess this bed rest gig works.... My mom came to visit again, always good for the soul. She and Brooks got our Christmas decorations up and Christmas spirit has descended once again. Also this week I had a dream of our baby (it was a boy this time) and he was healthy and quite advanced developmentally as he was a newborn sitting on his own and understanding everything I told him. I tend to buy into my dreams a lot. I think they have a lot of meaning. Not necessarily predictive value, (although who knows?) but they do allow you to get back to what makes up your constitution. I am at heart an optimist. One who sometimes loses heart, but my dreams are not letting me forget who I am and how I look upon life as a general rule. I'll be 30 weeks on Wednesday and THAT is huge (as am I).


Piper is starting to "get" some things about Christmas. "Daddy made Christmas!" by putting lights up in the house and putting the tree up. She recognizes Santa. We have not visited him yet but are hoping to. She's been educated all about Rudolph and Frosty. I can't wait to do the milk and cookies thing, the Santa present thing and sing carols. Christmas as a child is so simple, magical and beautiful. We as adults make it so stressful. This is a good year for me to let all that stress go and just enjoy the beauty of the season. Then try to hold on to that and remember it for next year. Remember to celebrate the magic that is so apparent to children. Look out the window expecting to see a flashing red light and KNOW that it's Rudolph. Enjoy all the little surprises life brings. Eat the cookies and milk. Believe that my dreams can come true.

No comments: