Monday, January 28, 2008

Oy!

Woo! It's been over a week since I've written. Well I've been busy.... NO not with new baby. New baby is still very comfy and happy to stay put. I was released from bed rest as of last Wednesday and I'm making the most of my time. Let me just say - having a 25 pound "appendage" (as Brooks calls it) sticking out in front of your body wreaks havoc! Oy my back. Oy my feet. Oy my pelvis. Oy. But I have to say the aches and pains I am feeling now after being up are minimal to the aches, physical and mental, I had while on bed rest.
Can I just tell you how good it is for my soul to take control of my home again? No one sees your home as you do. No one notices the cobwebs you do. No one loads your dishwasher the right way. No one uses the good towels for guests only and the old towels for under the dirty humidifier like you do in YOUR home......(INCLUDING your husband!) Oy. I'm so grateful for the help we've received and so grateful for being back on my feet.
There is also the sweetness of being a partner in parenting again. Playing with Piper, holding her, putting her to sleep, bathing her, even disciplining her. She's so much fun and she likes having mommy back, I think. Although we're anxious to hold our new little bundle, I think this time, off work, home with Piper, is so precious. She's not going to be an only child for much longer....
So, no baby yet. I'll be "full term" - 37 weeks- in 2 days. Apparently there are still things to do. Oy.

No comments: