Saturday, July 5, 2008

Holy CRAP!


Hallelujah! Piper POOPED on the Potty!!!! WOO HOO! You have no idea how I've dreamed of this day! She ASKED to go and then she WENT! Then she turned around, looked at it, leaned down and.......Smelled it. Yes ladies and gentleman, my daughter smelled her own poop. BUT, the poop was IN THE POTTY. Let's not lose sight of this accomplishment. After smelling the first tiny little turd she sat back down and went to work. After every little nugget she got up, turned around and admired her work. She was SO proud of herself. I am SO proud of her. The best part of all this is that I've been promising her new dress up shoes if she goes poopy on the potty. The poopy wasn't happening and I want so badly to get rid of her old dress up shoes. I was trying to think of a way I could get her those shoes without making it seem like I didn't think she'd ever poop on the potty (I admit, I had a moment or two of doubt). Now I can throw out those nasty old red sparkly dress up shoes that she has worn to pieces! Well, maybe the best part is not having to wipe poop off her bum anymore, but the new dress up shoes is a close second. Yes, I took this picture to commemorate the moment. It could be worse. I have heard of women taking pictures of the poop itself and I have to admit, the thought crossed my mind. If you don't understand this, you haven't struggled with potty training. But this is a much cuter picture, don't you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mia,
I'm a little late reading this...But it is ageless and priceless...I find myself chuckeling and snorting OMG through the giggles...No, darling, it was not like this when you were two yrs plus. It couldn't have been or I would have preserved the moment as you did. Won't Piper be proud one day? Nana sure is!

-T. said...

All I can say is that Piper is going to be SO proud that you had the foresight to take that picture =) Oh, and congratulations, Piper for going Poopie on the Potty...you are now an independent woman now!

Big Fat Hoohaw said...

HAHA! Mia, this blog is awesome! I am truly impressed at your writing skills and your awareness of all that is going on around you.
When I was a kid, my parents used to call pooping "booms", as in BM for bowel movement. "Kristopher, did you do your booms?" "Yes mom." And they used to get me to sing a song to make it more fun for me to want to poop on the john. Lyrics as follows:

When you're hot you're hot,
When you're not you're not,
When you're on the pot,
Give it all ya got."

Here's to dookie on the porcelain pony and less diapers to change!